Monday, June 22, 2009

Finally starting my own blog!

It's about time, I know, that I got a blog started, especially since some of my Stampin' Up downline already have theirs going, and I love them! A year ago, I didn't even know what a blog was, and now I love going onto Split Coast, finding a page or card that I love, and heading over to that person's blog -- in fact, I get a little miffed now if a cute page or card submission doesn't have one! How fast we get spoiled, huh?



A little about me: I'm a wife to the best guy in the world, a mom to 6 fabulous kids, the daughter and daughter-in-law of the best parents and in-laws a girl could have, but best of all, I'm a daughter of God, so life if good!!! I've written in a journal off and on most of my life (since age 11 or so), and was a scrapbooker before scrapbooking was a craft! As a kid, I kept every sports schedule, newspaper clipping, etc. that me or my family or school was associated with, and as a young mom, made my own journaling blocks (literally) copied over and over to put in my first baby's scrapbook. It of course was one of those NON-acid free magnetic pages books, so once I heard that my pictures were going to be ruined if I left them in this state, I got into "official" scrapbooking with my great friend Maria -- and take the plunge we did! We even dabbled in considering opening our own scrapbooking store. But with 10 kids between us, we decided we would continue to be stay-at-home moms, and support all the stores instead! A few years later, I became a Stampin' Up demonstrator, and have been one now for 6 years. I love it, and especially love Thursdays during the school year, because I have a group of friends that get together and scrap each Thursday that we can. I also teach stamping classes, and have a Stampin' Up daytime and nighttime stamp club that meets once a month. So between my hobby, my great family and friends, and church activities, my life is full. For this I am very, very grateful.



I'm going to start out by posting pictures of the 3 double-page spreads I did at my scrapbook pages class last Thursday. Thanks to my great friend (and downline!) Susan for teaching me how do this blog, and I hope my first posting turns out OK. I still don't know how to scan 12 X 12 pages, so I took pics, and hope they look good. Here goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment