Monday, May 17, 2010

Boston's 1st Year Scrapbook


Another reason it's been so long since I've posted! I worked on Boston's scrapbook for a couple of weeks -- what a fun thing to do! It has been a long time since I completed a scrapbook -- I usually do pages here and there, but this has been very rewarding :)

I took this page from the front cover of the Milestones & Moments Simply Scrappin' Kit -- don't you love the flower?!! I loved this idea and couldn't wait to make it mine. This is an 8 1/2 X 11 scrapbook, and many of the page layouts I adjusted from layout ideas off of Splitcoast (splitcoaststampers.com). A major thank you to all of you who post out there! I will post mine as well, and hopefully will make someone else's job easier like you all did mine. I had the actual idea pages so that I could give credit back where it is due, but have no idea where they went now -- I might have thrown them away :( So although a few are my own idea, about 2/3 are ideas taken from others. Thanks again for your creativity and for sharing.

The colors I'm using are So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise and Regal Rose. All the other things I used I'll list at the end. The feet below are stamped on Whisper White, and covered with vellum paper, attached with brads. It is so cute, and can be used for journaling.
This layout below uses paper from retired DSP pack Sweet Always, as well as the 1st page of the scrapbook. The stamps above, "I'm Here" are retired as well, but how can you make a baby album without them???
Mary helped me with some of the pages, and this below was her favorite. She loved cutting out the little hands :)

On the hands above, I finally tried a technique that I'd heard of but hadn't tested until now, and it works! Embossing with Versamark and Classic ink and Clear embossing powder -- a bit lighter color than usual, but it totally worked! You stamp in Versamark, then directly go to your classic ink pad color of choice, then stamp it on cardstock, and emboss with clear powder! I love learning new stuff :)


Above, Amber actually embossed these chickies for me. We were stamping together in the hospital -- I was finishing up the scrapbook, and she was finishing thank you cards. It was fun!







Stamps: Nursury Necessities, Happy Everything, I'm Here (retired), Fifth Avenue Floral, Baroque Motifs, Little Feet Wheel (retired)
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Gray, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Regal Rose
Cardstock: Same as above
Accessories: Moments & Milestones Simply Scrappin' Kit, Clear Embossing Powder, Various punches, brads, Go Go Boots Sizzlet Alphabet Dies, Big Shot

1 comment:

  1. So, so, so, so, CUTE! It turned out absolutely perfect. I know Boston will love to look through it when she is older :)

    ReplyDelete